Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Warming Aesthetics

We've got more home rennovations underway! Isaac and I love our projects, and we are right in the middle of another fun one, this time in our bathroom. The old country-blue tub and toilet are out, and new white pieces have been assembled for the remodel. Isaac has done all of the work so far, busting out the shower and even a separating wall. The area is opened up quite a bit and the new shower is a smaller glass-walled walk-in, making for even more space. I am hoping Ike will have the time (desire) to build a floor-to-ceiling shelving unit in place of the old wall. We will be getting a longer cabinet and countertop, and most importantly, mirror! No more bumping elbows trying to get ready... or more appropriately, his elbow bumping my head ;)

I wanted the color on the walls to be a deep slate gray. Luckily we both agreed and found a really nice stone-like flooring to cover the old, which matches perfectly with our color choice. It is really going to warm it up I think. To contrast the dark floor and walls, all of the trim and the ceiling and sink will be white, in addition to the shower and porcelain "throne". More lighting around the mirror will be even better! So far Isaac has had to add some drywall, do the necessary mudding and sanding, and waaaaaiiiiting for it to dry.... we are both impatient. Just tonight he started the first coat of paint. I was under the impression I would be painting, but being the get-it-done person he is, the painting commenced while I was downstairs making dinner. Can't say I'm complaining!

I'm just one of those women that gets excited about a great bathroom! I mean, come on, I spend a lot of time in there ;) Here are some photos of the progress:


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Create a free slideshow design

1 comment: